King of Donair opened their first restaurants in western Canada and wanted to let people know that they no longer have to travel for an authentic east coast donair.
Based on the insight that airline seat sale ads get some of the highest engagement on social media, we started a fake airline called DonAir. The prank reached over 700,000 Albertans and the ads received a click-through rate of 5.70% (over 9 times industry average).
- Client: King of Donair
- Creative Director: Stephen Flynn
- Director of Strategy: Mike Postma
- Bronze – Strategy Awards: Niche Strategy
- Winner – Applied Arts: Integrated Campaign
- Gold – Ice Awards: Best Use of Social Media
- Silver – Ice Awards: Integrated Campaign
- Silver – Ice Awards: Short-Form Video Campaign
- Silver – Ice Awards: Digital Display Single
- Merit – Ice Awards: Short-Form Video Single